Jobs in that industry are going here too. The decline in the automobile industry was happening even before with soaring petrol costs. The American banks have slyly sold on a lot of their debts to international banks, including Australia, which has greater regulation so there's fury here. I am hearing fewer US DJs are likely to be booked here because of the exchange rate dropping. I am hoping that in the US any recession which would affect Detroit will be offset by the positives of an admin change. I imagine that Obama will cut international aid and militarisation to fund any of the programs he touted pre election, especially in health, but how he's gonna do it with the mess he's inherited is beyond me!