Hey Chip

Thanks for the reply.

My real objection is not the IP variable thing:  as stated in other emails,
it’s excluding entire methods, based on any content, and any sub-content just
makes this a terrible implementation in my view.

Think of it like this:
There are some commands that we cannot call during the redraw of a record
listing:  like ALERT.
Why didn’t 4D make it such that a record listing cannot call any 4D method that
contains the command ALERT?  They didn’t.
I have ALERT is some methods that are called from record listings:  but it’s
behind conditions that never invoke the ALERT if I’m in the context of a record
listing.

Regards,
Tony

On 11/4/16, 9:25 AM, "4D_Tech on behalf of Chip Scheide"