Kirk,

Interesting approach. And your remark about deleted methods rings a bell ...

> Something this won't catch that Josh's VC did is deleted methods...

Yes, the vc-framework handles deleted methods for export. It means if I delete
a method in 4D the former exported text file with the code is deleted too. But
in our extended version with import this is an issue. There is no way in 4D to
delete a method via programming I'm aware of. So we have to use intense
communication, say I have to tell my colleagues there is an deleted method
please delete it too. A check-out of the repository isn't enough.