Hello,

I have just started looking at the 4D Write Pro interface.

Currently I have an "old" (current) 4D Write area embedded into a fairly
complex form (25 tabs, lots of fields and listboxes, etc.). The program
generates complex, multi-page documents procedurally using 4D Write commands.

When the users work with the current 4D Write interface, it looks like a normal
word processor, and they know what to do without help. Click into some text to
see the style sheet. There's adequate room to see the document and its margins.

The "new" interface consists of a stylized widget on the right side, which
consumes about one third of the available form space. No menus. The ruler is
three times as thick as the old one. There don't appear to be open and save
options.

Tech support suggested that if I wanted a more conventional interface, I could
create it myself.

Is anyone aware of a plug-in or component that provides a normal interface for
4D Write Pro? Or is 4D Write Pro actually intended for some other use than its
predecessor?

Thanks,
Don