Hi Ken,

What particular shortcut are you using?
Also check the case of the character you are using, as Stephen pointed out. In
v14 I discovered a bug when running the command POST KEY(Character
code("A");Command key mask). This was fine in v13 and earlier, but crashes v14,
v15 and v16.
My report got bug number ACI0093238 in july 2015, but as I just tested in v16.2
it has not been fixed yet.

On the other hand the code should be: POST KEY(Character code(“a");Command key
mask), which works fine in v14 and later.

IIRC in compiled mode it seemed to be working, but 4D would crash a bit later.

Kind regards,
Koen

> Op 8 okt. 2017, om 15:21 heeft Ken Daniel via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
> het volgende geschreven:
>
> All, I'm having a problem with the Post Key command not working in a
> database converted from 4Dv14 to v16. Post Key works fine in 4Dv14, and
> works in 4Dv15 and even in a newly created database in v16, but not in my
> converted database. I've tried resetting the Preferences and Database
> Settings to Factory Settings and changing event actions, but nothing has
> worked. Anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem may be? Thanks,

Compass bvba
Koen Van Hooreweghe
Kloosterstraat 65
9910 Knesselare