question:
was your IP var a longint?, Real?, or Doublelong (whatever it is
called)?

This might make some difference to your testing.. BUT... based on your
discovered size limit, it seems that the Worker Queue is limited by
some internal reference to a long integer... MaxLong being
approximately 2.1 billion

On Sun, 8 Oct 2017 16:20:58 -1000, John Baughman via 4D_Tech wrote:

>     Worker processes only handle 1 call at a time, creating a queue
> of calls which are handled in turn. I found that the LogWriter test
> was rapidly maintaining a huge queue growing to over 100,000 calls
> almost instantly. The crash occurred when the queue reached something
> in the neighborhood of 2.1 million calls, approximately 2,101,000
> calls. This was 100% repeatable.
Gas is for washing parts
Alcohol is for drinkin'
Nitromethane is for racing