Just as a tidbit to consider when using CALL FROM and CALL WORKER. Make
sure you give the form time to spawn and get running before you engage CALL
WORKER.

        In my case I have a new process start up with a global window that
handled feedback from my workers. I pass the window ID of the feedback window
in an object to the worker to tell it who to message back to. You need to give
the window time to open and be ready  before you CALL WORKER with work.
Especially if the worker sends a startup message to the window. Otherwise the
worker cannot send messages to the form.

        I tried this with the Application window and loaded a form into the
window. This does not work since you need to have a window reference for the
CALL FORM to send the message back to. The application window does not have a
Window ID to reference. CALL FORM required a Window Ref ID to talk to.

http://doc.4d.com/4Dv16/4D/16.3/CALL-FORM.301-3651181.en.html
<http://doc.4d.com/4Dv16/4D/16.3/CALL-FORM.301-3651181.en.html>

        I have still not figured out how to have a server side worker send a
message to a client side window. Maybe that is a talk for later.

        I can see how this could be used to create a CRON type of operation
with a worker that watches and spawns other workers when time events occur. I
also see there are a lot of functions that cannot be preemptively
multithreaded.

MacCafe
7860 Central Ave.
Toledo, OH 43617
Eric Naujock  -  ACSA 10.2, 10.3, 10.4 Apple - ACTC 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8,
10.9, 10.10 ACSP 10.11, 10.12
http://www.mac-cafe.com
email: e <mailto:e...@mac-cafe.com>r...@mac-cafe.com <mailto:e...@mac-cafe.com>
AOL IM: erlic