From: 4D_Tech [mailto:4d_tech-boun...@lists.4d.com] On Behalf Of Richard Wright
via 4D_Tech
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2018 9:45 AM
To: 4d_tech@lists.4d.com
Cc: Richard Wright
Subject: 4D Write to 4D Write Pro

Is there a cross reference of language commands between 4D Write and 4D Write
Pro or do we have to all figure it out for ourselves?

I’m mystified as to why wrappers for the old commands could not have been
created so as to make the move to 4D Write Pro relatively painless. E-node did
this very nicely when they created the new API for AreaList. All the old
commands still work because they are internally mapped to the new ones. Why
can’t this be done for 4D Write Pro? If it’s truly ready to go, scrap 4D Write
but create a shell plugin that maps all the old commands to the new. With Mac
Mojave being the last OS to support 32 applications it’s going to get serious
pretty soon.

Richard Wright
DataDomain
rwri...@datadomainsoftware.com