Hi Tony and others,
Interesting that this subject should come up now, we're also looking at
adding barcode reading to our software. Our application needs to be
independent of where the user is in the GUI and we're looking at low
resource settings so we need to stay away from IP scanners if we can. Which
I guess leaves us with RS232 or serial emulation via USB with appropriate
driver. We're in a Windows environment so GET SERIAL PORT MAPPING isn't so
useful for us I think. Anyone got any pointers on how to identify the
correct port to use with SET CHANNEL (I assume this is the way we have to
go) and general advice with getting this working?

Thanks,
Gary

--
Sent from: http://4d.1045681.n5.nabble.com/4D-Tech-f1376241.html