Gary,

Hello...

You statement that the scanner needs to be independent of where the user is in
the GUI does not make sense to me, so can you explain what you are trying to
achieve?

We have done quite a bit of scanner work using USB/Wedge readers, RS-232
readers, and IP based readers via web services.  Each is unique in how it
works, and has specific implications on how you develop your software.

Maybe you can elaborate a bit more on what you are trying to achieve by using
bar code readers?

Best,

Steve

  Stephen J. Orth
  The Aquila Group, Inc.         Office:  (608) 834-9213
  P.O. Box 690                           Mobile:  (608) 347-6447
  Sun Prairie, WI 53590

  E-Mail:  s.o...@the-aquila-group.com