John:

I saw this documented only recently so I thought it was for V17 but I just
checked it in 15.4 - Win server, Mac client.

Hold down the Shift key to reset the boundaries for the editor windows in
design mode.

In the case of the debugger, create an empty method (I have one called
“aTestDoug”) and type in “Trace”. Hold down the Shift key and click the
green “go” button to run the method. 4D will execute the Trace command and
will open the debugger in the default position.

For the Explorer, make sure that the Explorer is closed, hold down the
Shift key, and open the Explorer with the mouse.

Before I learned the Shift key trick, I had to resort to throwing out the
config file. From my “4D Text File Locations” document:

C:\Users\Doug\Application Data\4D\4D Window Bounds
v15\development\[projectForm]
Change "explo_preview"
Refer to Explorer.json file in 4D/14.5 (OS X)

Debugger Window Settings (and others)
c:\Users\dvonroeder\Application Data\4D\4D Preferences v13.4DPreferences

\Volumes\C\Users\Doug\Application Data\4D Server\4D Window Bounds v14
\Volumes\C\Users\Doug\Application Data\4D Server\4D Window Bounds v15
C:\Users\Doug\AppData\Roaming\4D\4D Window Bounds v15
C:\Users\Doug\AppData\Roaming\4D Server\4D Window Bounds v14

--
Douglas von Roeder
949-336-2902