One point - in Windows Server 2016, Windows Defender is turned on by default
(antivirus/anti-malware). You'll definitely want to either write exclusions for
all 4D-related directories and file types, or disable it altogether (you can do
a Google search for how to completely disable it if your server is well
firewalled... required command line access to do this).

> On May 6, 2019, at 1:45 PM, Tom Benedict via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Ed,
>
>> We are beginning to transition our servers from Mac to Windows. For those
>> of you who have made the journey, what have you found to be best practices
>> for a built c/s app running on Windows Server 2016 Standard? Are there any
>> gotcha's we should watch out for? Direct roads to smooth sailing?
>
> Running 4D Server under Windows Server is pretty straightforward. I don’t
> know about specific WS 2016 issues, but in general there are only a few
> things to set for 4D Server to run best.
>
> One thing to make sure is to set it to be optimized as a data server, not a
> file server. In WS 2008 that setting was in the “Performance Options” control
> Panel, but may be elsewhere in v2016.

This setting is no longer around... it's smart enough to figure out what you're
doing and not run into dueling cache issues.

Jeff