Jeff and Tom,

Thanks for the pointing us in the correct direction. We are now all 64 bit, so
that hurdle has been crossed. I’ll talk to our IT staff about defender issues.
Any tips on where the application should be located? Pluses and minuses for
running as a service?

> On May 6, 2019, at 1:14 PM, Jeffrey Kain <jeffrey.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> One point - in Windows Server 2016, Windows Defender is turned on by default
> (antivirus/anti-malware). You'll definitely want to either write exclusions
> for all 4D-related directories and file types, or disable it altogether (you
> can do a Google search for how to completely disable it if your server is
> well firewalled... required command line access to do this).
>
>> On May 6, 2019, at 1:45 PM, Tom Benedict via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Ed,
>>
>>> We are beginning to transition our servers from Mac to Windows. For those
>>> of you who have made the journey, what have you found to be best practices
>>> for a built c/s app running on Windows Server 2016 Standard? Are there any
>>> gotcha's we should watch out for? Direct roads to smooth sailing?
>>
>> Running 4D Server under Windows Server is pretty straightforward. I don’t
>> know about specific WS 2016 issues, but in general there are only a few
>> things to set for 4D Server to run best.
>>
>> One thing to make sure is to set it to be optimized as a data server, not a
>> file server. In WS 2008 that setting was in the “Performance Options”
>> control Panel, but may be elsewhere in v2016.
>
> This setting is no longer around... it's smart enough to figure out what
> you're doing and not run into dueling cache issues.
>

> Jeff

Edgar Hammond                            ehamm...@questinformation.com
Quest Information Systems                                 847 234-1345
http://www.questinformation.com