Perhaps if you can prove ownership of the data 4D can assist. I know that
even when you buy an application  you do not own the app just a license to
use but you do own the data

What happened to the structure. Is there a compiled version somewhere

Regards
Chuck

On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 3:20 PM Tim Nevels via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
wrote:

> On Jun 6, 2019, at 2:00 PM, Jörg Knebel wrote:
>
> > Has someone tried to find that “WEDD” resource in the structure and the
> data file and has manipulate it already?
> >
> > I just want to prevent me going into “crazy, ridiculous amount of work
> and effort” to get it done.
>
> The “WEDD” is a UUID. If you had a structure file you could do an “Export
> -> Structure definition to XML” and it would provide you the UUID. But
> since you don’t have a structure file you have no idea what to look for in
> the data file. Plus, I would expect 4D is not storing the raw UUID in the
> data file, it is most likely obfuscated in some way so that you can’t just
> scan for the UUID value.
>
> But the WEDD is only the first part of marrying a data file and structure
> file. Each table also has a UUID assigned to it, and that info is recorded
> in both the data file and structure file and they have to match. That is
> the purpose of the “.match” file that is created next to the data file when
> you open a database with a matching structure and data file. If a data file
> has major damage, you can still run MSC and recover some of the damage if
> you have  the ".match” file. And the .match file can only be generated by
> 4D when it opens a married data file and structure file.
>
> The “.match” file UUIDs listed do not exactly match the table UUIDs that
> you get from the "Export -> Structure definition to XML” file. There is
> again some obfuscation that hides the true values. But with the structure
> file and the .match file, MSC can make the translation/connection to be
> able to recover data from the damaged data file. So you would need to
> figure out this translation mechanism also.
>
> 4D thought through all of this with the v11 data file format. They wanted
> to make it super hard to do exactly what you are trying to do — take a data
> file that you have no structure file for and then reverse engineer out the
> structure so that you can extract the data.
>
> Good luck!
>
> Tim

> Tim Nevels
> Innovative Solutions
> 785-749-3444
> timnev...@mac.com

 Chuck Miller Voice: (617) 739-0306 Fax: (617) 232-1064
 Informed Solutions, Inc.
       Providers of 4D, Sybase & SQL Server connectivity
          http://www.informed-solutions.com
This message and any attached documents contain information which may be
confidential, subject to privilege or exempt from disclosure under
applicable law.  These materials are intended only for the use of the
intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient of this
transmission, you are hereby notified that any distribution, disclosure,
printing, copying, storage, modification or the taking of any action in
reliance upon this transmission is strictly prohibited.  Delivery of this
message to any person other than the intended recipient shall not
compromise or waive such confidentiality, privilege or exemption
from disclosure as to this communication.