Indeed, that is the magic of VM and SAN. They can change the truck’s engine
while its traveling down the road at 60mph. I was a skeptic until I saw it in
action. Hot swapping of disks, memory, even ‘blades’ with CPUs on them happens
transparently.

Keep in mind, though, that this is not done to save money. It might save money,
but what it really does is make systems more reliable and faster to deploy.

Tom Benedict