That is the default and should work pretty well. You may be suffering from a
related condition informally known as “cache thrashing” which was not uncommon
in 4D v13 (as well as some later versions, but I haven’t kept up on what
progress has been made).

If you aren’t already using it, you can monitor cache performance with the 4D
Info Report component, available from 4D Tech Support. It can show you
graphically where the long cache flushing occurs.

HTH,

Tom Benedict