Hi Jeremy,

One I used to use (GitX, I think) would sometimes take forever or spin the
beach ball of death for large commits. I'm now using Fork (which I really
like). Sometimes I get various commit or other operation errors. No problems
from the command line.

Here is another issue to watch out for with 4D/Git. In 4D you can globally
rename a method changing only the case and not the spelling. Even if 4D changes
the method name on disk, git remembers the case of first commit. It is not seen
as a change because by default on Mac and Windows file names are not case
sensitive. So if you switch branches, git checks out the file name using
whatever case you used initially. This cases 4D to tokenize the name
incorrectly in method callers.

To solve this, you need to use git mv to tell git to use to updated name case
when you rename methods without changing the spelling.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.