From: 4D_Tech <4d_tech-boun...@lists.4d.com> On Behalf Of James Crate via
4D_Tech
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2020 1:26 PM
To: 4D iNug Technical <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
Cc: James Crate <j...@quevivadev.com>
Subject: Re: New Notarization Issues

On Feb 11, 2020, at 2:58 PM, Timothy Penner via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
wrote:

> Regarding this:
>> However, after building I remove the “Contents/Native
>> Components/WebViewerCEF.bundle”, which is an apparently unused 275MB
>> package, so if I wanted to use the built-in signing, I’d have to accept the
>> extra 275MB on my app size.
>
> True, if you modify the application package AFTER signing then the signature
> becomes invalid.
>
> However, you could modify the source package PRIOR to running the build
> application command, by removing the “Contents/Native
> Components/WebViewerCEF.bundle" file from the 4D Volume Desktop.app and 4D
> Server.app packages...  In this way, when the BUILD APPLICATION command
> merges the applications together the WebViewerCEF.bundle is already removed
> before the built-in signing operation takes place.

I thought about that. If I have to mess around with the code signing script
again I’ll probably switch to just doing that. I’m already running the BUILD
APPLICATION command with a custom project xml file which I update with the
version, so I could pretty easily update that to use a customized 4D Volume
Desktop.app.

Jim Crate