From:   James Crate via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
 To:   4D iNug Technical <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
 Cc:   James Crate <j...@quevivadev.com>
 Sent:   3/19/2020 11:19 AM
 Subject:   Re: Remote working with 4D networks - what are people using ?

On Mar 19, 2020, at 11:13 AM, Herr Alexander Heintz via 4D_Tech
<4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

> AFAIK the MacOS cannot be changed to allow multiple concurrent user sessions
> on one Computer, the OS simply lacks the necessary tools to do it.
> When you switch users on a Mac, you need to first switch off the user you are
> currently logged in to.

When I screen share to Macs and another user is logged in, I am always given
the option to share that user’s screen or log in as myself.

For anyone who is curious, the behavior is a little different when using ARD
(Apple Remote Desktop) management system. If you are using the ARD app, you
just log right in and share the screen with the currently logged in user.
There is no prompt to create a virtual desktop session.  You can still connect
to the remote Mac through the typical finder dialogs and get the same prompt to
log in as yourself or share screen with the current user if you want.

Sandor

Logging in as myself creates a virtual instance and allows me to use that
machine without disturbing anyone who maybe be sitting at the machine or screen
sharing. It has been this way since at least macOS 10.10.

Jim Crate

Unsub:  mailto:4d_tech-unsubscr...@lists.4d.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email (and any related attachments) contains
information from InfoPlus (a service of Bristol Capital, Inc.). It is intended
only for the addressee and may contain information that is confidential and/or
otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the
intended recipient or are acting as agent for the intended recipient, any use
or disclosure of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately to arrange for the
appropriate method of returning or disposing of the communication. If our
respective Companies have confidentiality provisions in effect, this email and
the materials contained herein are deemed CONFIDENTIAL and should be treated
accordingly unless expressly provided otherwise.