my feeling is that generic coding is very much possible in object notation,
but we need to accept that the approach is different.

if you prefer to use pointers such as "Self",
I think it's best to avoid object notation,
at least if your goal is to make the code generic.

it's not a defect of object notation,
but the way to write generic code is different.

if you want to make your code generic in object notation,
I think you need to fully commit.

what I mean by that, is that you need to think of objects and classes,
properties and methods.

basically, instead of

doIt(Self)

you would write

$obj.doIt()

where the doIt() formula works on "This".

in my opinion, to take full advantage of object notation,
it is pretty much mandatory to use

This
Signal
Formula
Form

extensively, as well as

Storage
New shared object
New shared collection

strategically.

simply replacing interprocess/process variables with object notation,
may semantically look like object based coding,
but at that level you may be losing major advantages of classic code,
while not gaining much from what the new way of coding has to offer.