From: 4D_Tech <4d_tech-boun...@lists.4d.com> On Behalf Of Bernard Escaich via
4D_Tech
Sent: Wednesday, May 6, 2020 2:16 AM
To: 4D iNug Technical <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
Cc: Bernard Escaich <bernard.esca...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Object notation replacement for use of Self in a script — v18

Why not use Form event.objectName ?

I find it very useful ; I use it and write in form method :

Case of
   :(Form event.code=On data change)
      Case of
         :(Form event.objectName="Name)
            Object get pointer(Object named;"Name")->:=MyMethodUppercase(
Object get pointer(Object named;"Name")->)
         :(Form event.objectName="Address)
            Object get pointer(Object named;"Address")->:=MyMethodUppercase(
Object get pointer(Object named;"Address")->)
         :(Form event.objectName="Form.Note)
            Object get pointer(Object named;"Form.Note")->:=MyMethodUppercase(
Object get pointer(Object named;"Form.Note")->)
       End case
End case

Two solutions for MyMethod :
- if used elsewhere, use a method (waiting for classes)
- if used locally, made a call to form method : Execute method(Current method
name;….

Cordialement,

Bernard Escaich

New Forum: https://discuss.4D.com