> Does the —deep option actually work anymore? The signing script I use for an
> app compiled with runtime has to sign every executable component in the built
> app.

yes it works.
I use --deep to sign every framework, bundle, plugin from the inside out.
think of it like sealing smaller boxes before putting them inside a larger box
and then an even larger box.

the problem with --deep is that it might miss a few components in case of a
complex package
and that you can not customise the signature of each component inside the app
(their entitlements in particular).

you can try to --deep sign the app in one shot, it may or may not work.

>  have to completely re-sign and notarize a 4D app, which will likely require
> changing the bundle ID in the info.plist

there is no need to touch the bundle ID for code signing or notarisation.
New Forum: https://discuss.4D.com