rosea grammostola wrote:
> Hi
>
> Ubuntu 10.04 LTS is coming.... I think this means preparing for 64studio
> 4.0 based on Ubuntu 10.04?
> With ext4, grub2 and full LV2 support?

I avoided to use ext4 for my latest Suse install. If something is broken
on that ext4 file system, are there tools to repair it? Is ext4 good for
hard disk recording? I remember that a long time ago Suse changed from
ext to reiser when reiser was new, then they changed back to ext. Suse
and Ubuntu tend to use everything that is new.

I really don't know anything about ext4. It might be good, but ext2 and
ext3 are fine. I would be careful because of using a new file system for
music productions. And yes, I didn't read anything about ext4. Another
argument against the usage of ext4 might be, that musicians might not
want to learn everything about all available file systems for Linux, but
make music.

If there isn't a good argument against ext3 (or any other "old" file
system) I can't see any reason to use ext4.

Just my 2 cents.

PS: HR timer and other issues might be more important, at least the
timer is important for me :).