Hi Ralf,

> Here the installation failed at campcaster-station. FWIW it's not 3.3
> alpha1, but alpha2.

That's actually a test build on the way to alpha2 that you've
downloaded, it's not quite ready :-)

The inclusion of campcaster (a radio station automation application) was
just for testing purposes.

> When there was the question regarding to the boot
> device I didn't check a box, but continued, because I won't install a
> new bootloader. Perhaps it has to do with this? I know
> campcaster-station has nothing to do with it, but maybe the step after
> campcaster-station?

Yes, that should be towards the end of the install - it's a grub2 thing.
Gustin is quite right that dual booting this alpha on a production
machine is probably not worth the hassle.

Cheers!

Daniel