Bonjour Paul,

On 10/11/2011 12:46 PM, paul.beaud...@hsbc.com wrote:
> All
>
> Been following this for some time now, and using S64 for years. It seems to
> have died, or fallen off a cliff, or gone to sleep.

Most of 64studio has been merged upstream directly into debian. The
64studio packagers (Free, Alessio, Daniel, me,..) moved on to
   pkg-multimedia-maintain...@lists.alioth.debian.org

Nevertheless a successor of 64Studio called OpenDAW is sitting around
unannounced for some time now. Basically OpenDAW is debian/squeeze with
a handful of extra packages which did not [yet] make it into debian.

> I emailed the
> maintainers recently to ask if the upgrade
> instructions on the site are still useful. I need an upgrade (or something)
> to stop my machine from hanging regularly. Getting a bit stuck now... any
> friendly advice?

What kernel are you running?  `uname -a`

I suppose you could try to fix the system deadlock by updating the
kernel - if you want to give it a try: get back to me about it. There's
a 3.0.6-rt17 in the queue for OpenDAW; but it still lacks some testing.

However, since 64studio has reached its end-of-life, it may be wise to
simply re-install the whole system.

ciao,
robin