Hi Larry,

> The downside is that the 10/10 is powered by a freaking
> wall-wart, and the connection to the PCI card is flakey as well.

It should be possible to source a better power supply if you know the
specs - John Rigg used to mod 1010's with good results.

Try an IEEE 1284 parallel port cable from an old Zip drive to replace
the stock breakout cable, it works great (as long as you don't try to
hot plug it - that is likely to cause damage, according to the manual).
Whatever you use I believe it has to be IEEE 1284 compliant; some serial
cables aren't, as I understand it.

> I _would_ like to install something on my HDMI laptop,
> however, and I currently haven't found yet any answers.

OpenDAW 4.0 beta1 should work on that, as long as the video card works
on Debian squeeze. You will probably need to install the linux-firmware
package to get direct rendering on Radeon etc.

Cheers!

Daniel