Folks,

Making sure the list is aware of this: at the meeting in Chicago last Wednesday
we indicated that we intend to drop the MLE documents we had adopted (in large
part due to ZigBee's Jupiter Mesh request) for Experimental status.

The documents are:

  *   https://tools.ietf.org/wg/6lo/draft-ietf-6lo-mesh-link-establishment/
  *   https://tools.ietf.org/wg/6lo/draft-ietf-6lo-mle-hip-dex/

MLE even went through WG LC and received some comments, but there has been no
revision, and in the meantime, Jupiter Mesh is no longer depending on it.
Furthermore, the other potential interested party was the Thread Group, but it
became clear a few months ago that they do not depend on this document either.

The WG will drop the MLE documents by the end of this week (April 7) unless we
hear some new information.

Thanks,

Gabriel, on behalf of 6lo chairs