Hi Dave,

> On Mar 29, 2017, at 1:47 PM, Dave Thaler <dtha...@microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> Any issue with a standards track document having a normative reference to a
> BCP?

No issues that I know of. The downref rules seem to be pointing *from*
Standards track and BCP documents *to* lower maturity level documents as per
RFC3967. Just to be safe, I can still call this out in the IETF last call if
the WG decides to go that way.

> If so, then could reword so that the MUST NOT is not in the same sentence as
> the BCP reference, e.g.
>
>> However, the ability to return errors to address registrations MUST NOT be
>> used to restrict the ability of hosts to form and use addresses.  See
>> [RFC7934]
>> for further discussion.
>
> If there is no issue in having a normative reference to a BCP then I think
> Erik's text is fine.

I have no problems with this text either as it cleanly decouples the
requirement from the background.

Thanks
Suresh