Yatch,
Please see inline.

On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 6:39 PM, Yasuyuki Tanaka <
yasuyuki9.tan...@toshiba.co.jp> wrote:

> Hi Diego and Tengfei,
>
> diego> I suggest to keep the CLEAR command after reboot/failure.
>
> It's fine for me, too.

that's what we agreed upon during the WG meeting in Seoul this week, so
we're in sync.

> tengfei> I am thinking another case that a node needs send a CLEAR
> tengfei> command to previous parent if it changed. I guess this is not
> tengfei> mentioned in the draft?
>
> No, it's not mentioned. Yet, I think, it's out of scope of SF0.
>
> tengfei> [from the original mail]
> tengfei> A little suggestion is DO NOT issue a clear command to
> tengfei> previous parent until the nodes has reserved new cells to its
> tengfei> new parent. This is to avoid the swing if the reservation
> tengfei> failed to its new parent and changed back to previous parent.
>
> A solution here "to avoid the swing" is to have enough
> over-provisioned cells to prevent undesirable packet losses for
> RPL. This can be done by setting SF0THRESH reasonably high.
>
> And, I don't think a node switching its preferred parent needs to send
> CLEAR to the previous one at any point. Unnecessary cells are supposed
> to be deallocated automatically by SF0.
>
> After changing its preferred parent at the RPL layer, the amount of
> traffic or "the current number of used cell" to the previous one is
> expected to decrease. Once Cell Estimation Algorithm notices the
> decrement, unnecessary cells scheduled for the previous preferred
> parent are deleted eventually.
>
> In fact, SF0 cannot tell which neighbor is the previous preferred
> parent, anyway.

I agree with you that SF0 will realize the cells to the previous preferred
parent aren't used, and remove. Sending an explicit CLEAR will speed things
up, and avoid for the previous preferred parent to waste energy listening
to those. A CLEAR wouldn't hurt, right?