On Dec 22, 2008, at 8:46 PM, Nathaniel W Filardo wrote:
Hi,

The contrib index mentions that daily changelogs for Plan 9 are in
sources/extra/changes, but those haven't been updated since early 2007.
Is there any preferred way to get changelogs / diffs these days?

Relatedly, is there a better way to mirror the development history of Plan 9 than running "@{9fs sourcesdump; cd /n/sourcesdump; tar -c} | @{tar - x}" or
similar?

I surely hope the festive mood of the season will protect me from being
ostracized for asking this, but is there any chance to map Plan9
development practices to some of the established ways of source
code management? I mostly long for things like being able to browse
Plan9 history with a clear understanding of who did what and for
what reason.

Say what you will about Linux kernel, but things like these:
   http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=summary
surely make it much more bearable to work with^H^H^H^H^H around.

Thanks,
Roman.

P.S. I see that Russ uses Mercurial SCM for some of his other
projects, so may be my question is not that weird, after all...