Where should I look for the format of Plan 9 objects as created by the
compiler(s) and ready for linking?  I'm hoping there is a place other
than the compiler sources that documents this intermediate format,
which I presume is not totally unlike a.out.

Also, while I'm asking, there must be more than a hint of ELF in the
Linux emulation code, can someone point me to the details?  ELF is low
on my list of favourites, but there may be some useful shortcuts in
giving it a bit of recognition under Plan 9.

++L

PS: in case the context isn't obvious, GNU CC and C++ for Plan 9 are
the eventual objectives, I'm taking a slightly circular approach in an
attempt to understand David Hogan's work a lot better than I do now.