On Thu, 2009-01-08 at 18:48 -0500, erik quanstrom wrote:

> >> you mean like this?
> >>    import -E ssl minooka.coraid.com '#æ' /n/minookaæ
> >
> > Well, I tend not to like the proliferation of exportfs', but may
> > be in this case it is actually better that what I had in mind.
>
> why?

Multiplexing. If devices exposed channel interface, and got
exported there would be no kernel protecting from clients
sending random sequences of 9P messages (on a single host
you can't mount a channel and then continue reading/writing
9P messages over it).

So the way devices are right now, actually seems to be better
compared to what I have in mind. Sorry for the noise.

Thanks,
Roman.