On Tue, 2009-02-03 at 04:25 +0900, sqweek wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 4:27 PM, John Barham <jbar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dynamic loading allows scripting languages to load arbitrary binary
> > extensions at run-time.  Without dynamic loading in Plan 9...
>
>  You're missing the beauty of 9p. Who needs dynload() when you have mount()?

I was going to say exactly that! dynload() is really not very well
suited for a highly distributed age. I have come to realize that
it is nothing but an unfortunate optimization of R out of RPC.

Now, making 'R' fast (if your caller-callee is on the same node, etc)
is very much desired. Trying to get rid of it, or pretend that
it is not needed -- is doomed.

Thanks,
Roman.