Hi,
 I was looking for some open-source implementation work to be done as my
master's project when I chanced upon the Plan 9 GSOC projects page.
My interest is in networking, so I was particularly interested in projects about
adding zeroconf networking and firewall support to Plan 9.

 I think I have sufficient knowledge of C/C++, but I haven't ever
worked or used Plan 9, but have heard of it, so I would like to take this
opportunity to get to know the system better and contribute to the
community. I have a year with me to do the project, though the coursework
is interlaced with classes, so I won't be able to dedicate 30-40 hrs per week
 like the GSOC students do ! So a year is a sufficient enough time I guess.

 Can someone please discuss with me how to proceed, and what are the things
I should learn before starting on this ? I have already started
reading the papers on Plan 9 and is starting to install the plan 9
on virtual box on my machine.

--
Vinu Rajashekhar,
5th Year Dual Degree Student,