In article <20090903120157.ga1...@polynum.com>,  <tlaro...@polynum.com> wrote:
>On Thu, Sep 03, 2009 at 04:24:50AM -0700, Skip Tavakkolian wrote:
>> i think by now most of us expect new ornamentation added to C++
>> periodically.  it is surprising that this is being considered seriously
>> for C.
>
>I'd like to say that my distate for C++ is purely technical, but to be
>honest, I'm not quite sure.
>
>I have the principle that, since a programming language aims to express
>clearly what you want to be done, if the author doesn't explane clearly
>his language, there is a problem.
>
>K&R is beautiful in this respect. In contrast, I never managed to
>bite in Stroustrup's description.

Ok, now I'll get provocative:
Then why do so many people have a problem understanding C?
Please don't seriously say they don't.  In fact, these same
arguments are used against C by those who don't care for C.
Go figure?  I think not.

>But the whole story is that, during my childhood, there was the
>Muppet's. And a character was a swedish cook, whose name was almost
>impossible to pronounce, whose recipes were not understandable, and
>whose results were not engaging.
>
>And I fear that, behind the conscious, this has played a role...

That's good, because he's from Denmark :)  Let's drop this part of things...
--
Greg Comeau / 4.3.10.1 with C++0xisms now in beta!
Comeau C/C++ ONLINE ==>     http://www.comeaucomputing.com/tryitout