On Monday 14 December 2009 09:49:31 chutsu wrote:
> So.. been looking at plan 9, am confused what plan 9 is
used for? I
        I use Plan 9 as a web server, compute and compile server,
and a file server for source code. It's far easier to manage than
Unix or Windows, I've had BSD systems fail me far more often
than Plan 9 has; the few cases Plan 9 has failed, it was
painless to fix.
> mean I know its a hobbyst sort of OS, but what can you do
with it
> though?
        Plan 9 has been around for years. It was developed by the
same professionals that were responsible for Blit and UNIX,
and more. Plan 9 is used in some businesses for various
needs.
        Hardily a hobbyist system.
> Can you browse the internet?
        I believe the current browser is Abaco, forgive me if I'm
wrong. Yes you can view the Internet.
> Watch videos?
        Last thing I knew there wasn't a video player. A basic video
player would be rather simple to write though.