So.. been looking at plan 9, am confused what plan 9 is used for?

I use plan 9 from user space, mostly because it's a consistent
environment. Clean regular expressions, everything as file, all
tools need small documentation etc.

I also have an old plan of teaching professional computer
programming for blind people, since I watched a movie named
Sneakers, where a blind guy named Whistler uses a computer through
something that looks like some kind of braille terminal. I've been
trying to use plan9 with command line only, so I can try to make
it into a basis for that.

Best,
Maurício