Welcome aboard!!
I think you will need to compile the prgs you download from
'sources'... just type 'mk install' n the proper directory
please do not hesitate to ask me more if you're in a problem,I 'm not
a guru, but I have some 10 yrs. experience with plan 9 as my favourite
os.....

greetings,
++pac
<tyapca7(_at_)gmail.com>