On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 2:24 AM, Gabriel Díaz <gd...@rejaa.com> wrote:

> hello
>
> "How do I get my employer to need plan9?"
>
> Given the experiences posted by some of the plan9 inventors in other
> thread, this seems to be an almost impossible task, unless you make your own
> business or change you're employer for someone which already uses plan9. I
> guess.
>
> It is a bit discouraging for a fan who has the hope to get his employer
> need plan9 i think. I already gave up on this.

I think size of company matters too.  We're a really small group where I
work, and getting things done correctly is actually valued a bit more than
the means by which it gets done.

It's that mentality that let me throw off the shackles of Java for Erlang
and Haskell for a lot of the code I'm responsible for.  I might even try to
push my luck soon and get permission to rewrite a small but really important
chunk of code in Go if i can prove to myself, and then to others, that it's
a good idea :-)

Dave