> newuser assumes that your home directory exists, and on a
> normal plan 9 install, it's likely not possible to create anything
> in /usr without doing it on the fs console.

Maybe I am missing something here, but this is not a normal plan9 install, but
9vx.  There I can create a user's directory in $9vx_root/usr provided that the
permissions are open.

in the base system that came with 9vx I get an error that /src/fscons does not
exist when running "con -l /srv/fscons".

So, how is the initial setup supposed to be done on 9vx which defaults to a
$user instead of glenda

  EBo --