On Saturday 17 April 2010 00:28:42 SHRIZZA wrote:
> Long-windedness aside, your thought process is fairly sound.

Sorry for the annoying verbosity.  It's difficult for me to express the
ideas more succinctly in a manner that reduces the risk of flames
or misunderstanding.

> However, keep in mind that Plan 9 represents an escape from the
> perversion of Unix.

That remains a valid, useful, and extremely valuable design goal.

It's imperative that the current official Plan 9 sources and distro
remain undisturbed.

> Is a compromise between Plan 9 and "Plan X" worth the risk of
> history repeating itself?

I realize I'm not omniscient - heck I'm not even very talented! - but
I'm not seeing how LLVM/Clang, and a little more POSIX (where
necessary to help port and 9'ify _select_ libraries) - induces a significant
risk of folks aiming to UNIX'ify (or LINUX'ify or GNU'ify) "Plan X".

The GNU/*NIX'ification of a Plan 9 based operating system just
seems to be a completely counter-productive, non-viable endeavor.
I couldn't imagine such an act of sheer pointlessness to gain much
traction.

Though I can imagine reasonable temporary stop gaps being used when
necessary, to be deprecated once the kludges in question are replaced
with their appropriately 9'ish solutions.

Cheers