> This is on a combined CPU/auth server, and was run as the hostowner (bootes).
> Are the permissions wrong out-of-the-box?  Could this be because some
> directories
> are owned by sys while others by bootes?  bootes is a member of the sys
> group, but
> as we discussed previously, that won't be honored in the current
> implementation.

this is almost certainly incorrect.  (you don't mention you're using 9vx' #Z.)
plan 9 fileservers that store files on disk (fossil, kfs, kenfs, cwfs, etc) do
maintain their own groups.  you may wish to put your fs into allow mode
for pull.

it's plan 9 file servers living in the local kernel, e.g. #c, that don't know
about
groups.