On Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 12:22:18AM -0400, Russ Cox wrote:
> The number of people who want to run Go on Plan 9
> is already small.  The number of people who want to
> run Go on Plan 9 on 9vx is smaller yet.  At that point
> why not just run Go directly?

All that Microsoft thinking (99.9%-thinking, if you find the other label
offensive) to avoid adding a minute, one-off change to the Go runtime?
Sure, as Ron suggested it, it may need some additional thought, but we
are talking about the Plan 9 team thinking about it, surely it would
not take long to solve?

> 9vx is a nice hack but still a hack.

So is VMware, but it may be a breath of life for Plan 9 and adding
features to it seems inexpensive enough.  The same applies to p9p,
which is another toolkit that could benefit from providing a development
environment for Go.

That said, I'd like to make it very clear that I am extremely grateful
to all those who have contributed to making Go available on the Plan 9
platform and that I hope to be part of a growing community.  The current
solution to the 9vx problem seems adequate, one is merely concerned that
it may come back to bite an unsuspecting third party if it is forgotten.

++L