On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 12:42 AM, Mauricio CA <mauricio.antu...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi, all,
>
> Could you give me tips on how to script acme in plan9 from user
> space? Sorry for asking this question without at least showing some
> attempts of my own, but the fact is that I'm unable to grasp how to start.
>
> I would like to do things like these:
>
> * Automatically do something when text is mouse-selected in a specific
> window.
>
> * Listen to the keyboard so that after I press some key combination I
> get an action like, say, expose a specific window.
>
> Thanks,
> MaurĂ­cio

If you've not seen them yet, then there's the acme Mail and News readers
that can serve as nice examples. They're in /acme/mail and /acme/news,
respectively. I don't think they do any listening on keyboard tho'. Not
entirely sure how you'd deal with that. The win (/acme/bin/source/win) could
maybe be instructive for that.

Robby