By the way, I am currently forced to use LaTeX.
It's because formulas look nicer, and also because my current
supervisor asks me to.

I was thinking of writing a program that accepts a file formated with
-ms or -me macros and translates it to LaTeX equivalent macros. This
way, I would hopefully have the best of both worlds: the elegance of
troff syntax and the neatness of TeX output.
Is anyone interested in helping me out?

Simon.