> Not sure what you mean, but we run arcnet in bus mode (no central hub), on
> 75 ohm coax with modified PCI cards using 75ohm terminations - 75ohm coax
> abounds in TV stations.

The cost of maintaining such a system must look prohibitive when
compared with off-the-shelf products.  And then you need device
drivers for every generation of OS that comes along.  I'd be at least
curious as to how these costs are justified.

I mean, I have tens of kilograms of dated network equipment, including
the odd lumps of coax cabling, but no ways could I find a practical
use for it, much as the community I'm in has no funds for more modern
stuff, so we just do without :-(

++L