>OK now I can receive email in Acme in Plan 9 for the Raspberry Pi. I'm
>trying to get auth/fgui to start automatically when I start Plan 9.
>Have tried to put it into the profile file but it doesn't work. Any
>hints greatly appreciated.

auth/fgui requires Rio, so it needs to load after Rio has started.  I
have a separate script to load a workspace in my lib directory.  This
script can be called when Rio starts in the profile by something like:

exec rio -f $font -i lib/script

Where `script' is an executable rc script which contains the lines:

#!/bin/rc
auth/fgui &

Once you have some windows arranged the way you like them you can run
wloc which reproduces the commands needed to generate them.  These
commands can likewise be added to your login script to load a
workspace.

Once you have auth/fgui running, you will want to get secstore setup
for your frequently-accessed credentials.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Peter
--- Begin Message ---
OK now I can receive email in Acme in Plan 9 for the Raspberry Pi. I'm
trying to get auth/fgui to start automatically when I start Plan 9.
Have tried to put it into the profile file but it doesn't work. Any
hints greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Mats

> Steffen Nurpmeso <sdao...@yandex.com> wrote:
>
>> trebol <tre...@india.com > wrote:
>>  |For a external imap server, like gmail, you can compile heirloom's
>> mailx
>>  |with ape.  Works nice with the plumber, and setting the pager to cat
>>  |it integrates nice within acme, a rio window or 9term.  I use it also
>>
>> So you like the bad girls honey,..
>> Is that true.
>>
>> --steffen
>
> Yeah...