I have a different approach.

Personally I have only command line utilities as I keep Plan9 as my desktop
(raspberry PI).

I need to cross compile on windows so I have a tool to cpu into a windows box
(called dos).
This allows me to have a rio window onto a a dos shell.

It does the trick like cpu(1) to allow me to hop from a plan9 rc(1) session (in
a cifs
mounted directory on the windows box), into an rc(1) session on windows and
arrive at the same
directory.

I use 'local 9fs billy' at startup to make sure sam, rio, and all windows can
see my windows box,
thus plumb on windows "just works" to edit files.

e.g.

My windows box is called billy (after mr gates) and my plan9 one is custard
(nice with raspberry pies).

        custard%
        custard% cat /dev/osversion ; echo
        2000
        custard% pwd
        /n/billy/c/New/Application
        custard% dos
        billy%  mswin/osversion
        Windows 7
        billy% pwd
        c:/New/Application
        billy%
        billy% make
        mingw32-make -s - -C Debug Application.elf
        billy%

I could port gmake and the gcc cross compiler to plan9 to do this but there
would always be
bits missing and I need to be sure that what I check in can be built by other
people working
on windows.

It compiles under mingw32 - I started a mingw64 version but never finished the
work (sorry).
The port predates 9pf, I would probably have used that if I had existed. It
also contains none
of the graphics code that 9pf has, so no native windows sam; though I have no
need of it in my
environment.

This is all available if anyone wants it.

-Steve