> Giacomo - While thinking on your advice, I realized most of what I've done
> so far is just a fix for a bug in their current exposed version of the
> 'bind' command.

Just read carefully
https://fuchsia.googlesource.com/zircon/+/HEAD/docs/contributing.md

As of today, it states clearly:

we're *not* seeking major changes or new features from new contributors,
> however, if you desire to contribute
> <https://fuchsia.googlesource.com/docs/+/master/CONTRIBUTING.md>, *small*
> bugfixes are welcome.

NOT and SMALL are the key words here.

In other words

This project is not open, despite the pool of permissive licenses.
> Oh... well yes, you can fork it if you want... feel free to do so!

We like competition! (should we remind you that we have the best engineers
> on the market? Please compete with us!)

I don't want to put you down, but I've seen this happen several times at
several open source projects leaded by large companies.

Nevertheless, good luck!

Giacomo