>> The most official looking site for vanilla plan9 is 9p.io.  It
>> doesn't show any sign of activity since 2015.
>
> Please look more closely:
>
> cpu% srv -n 9p.io sources /n/sources

Usually, that's not what people mean when they
say 'site'.

It's good to see patches being posted, but for
someone who is interested in experimenting with
plan 9 for the first time, it's not clear that
these exist, let alone which are important.

Actually, you know what, I should put my money
where my mouth is. Would there be objections to
me going through and fixing the links in the
wiki so they point to 9p.io?

Is there anyone who would be comfortable explaining
to me exactly the relationship between 9p.io and
9legacy, as well as how people are expected to use
the two, so that I can put that into the wiki?

Is there anywhere that people would be comfortable
blessing as a source for building new ISO images,
to put behind the download link, with the accepted
patches integrated?

(Yes, I do use 9front, but I'm not religious. I'd
be happy to take some time to improve labs, too.
I also hate people who complain without doing the
work to improve things.)

> "Usable" is a function of who's doing the using.  I use the Labs
> version every day and it does what I need.

The impression I got was that many users (in the
9front world, at least) have a system patched
to their desires, and don't run things fully
vanilla, direct from the ISO.